Monday, January 19, 2009

Jeopary-25 years of making people feel stupid



One of my favorite weekly activities is watching Jeopardy at 7:30 and getting no more than 15% of the answers correct. I realized today that Alex Trebek must really enjoy reading the cards because he isn't even smart enough to know all the trivia he tests his contestants on.

This got me thinking that if Alex ever retired and I was to take over, the show would be much different. First, I would get rid of that stupid rule to answer in the form of a question. Next I would have much more entertaining categories. Here is a sampling of what could be:

Jeopardy:

Things that rhyme with Slinky

The Periodic Table

Types of vodka

5th grade Physical Education

Harry Potter

Double Jeopardy:

Corporate logos

SEC football teams

Fabric care

Pizza Toppings

Movies with Nicholas Cage

Final Jeopary: Masonic Orders

What would your categories be? Ole Trebek will have retire someday and what will you do if they call you to be the next host? I'll be ready

1 comment:

  1. I'd go the celebrity jeopardy from SNL route:
    Colors that rhyme with "urple"
    Trebeck's mom
    And perhaps Boy Band triva. Oooh that one would be super fun.

    I used to torture the Model UN kids with jeopardy questions I made. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete